Mall of the North
Mall of the North, Limpopo’s 76 000m² super regional mall situated in Polokwane has attracted in excess of 8.7million shoppers per year since opening its doors in April 2011. Driving its performance is an exceptional retail mix of 180 shops. Anchor retailers include Pick n Pay, Checkers, Edgars, Woolworths and Game, as well as a 6 cinema Ster-Kinekor complex. Leading fashion labels have also made Mall of North their Limpopo home, including; Spitz, Kurt Geiger, Pringle, Fabiani, Le Coq Sportif and Timberland to name a few. Mall of the North also has a compelling home and décor node, comprising of @Home, Boardmans, Mr Price Home, Coricraft, Volpes and Sheet Street. The combination of the vast retail variety, entertainment offering and regular grocery shopping is what forms the basis of Mall of the North’s regional power.
The primary and secondary shopper markets of Mall of the North total over 500 000 households. This reflects a prominent level of purchasing power, with LSM 6 – 10+ shoppers geared towards middle to high end retail goods and services. Economic and demographic growth continues to strengthen retail demand in Polokwane.
Mall of the North offers excellent visibility and convenience due to its location on the corner of the N1 and the R81. Mall of the North serves the trading area of the entire Limpopo region including Polokwane, Phalaborwa, Tzaneen, Louis Trichardt, Makopane and to a lesser degree, cross border shoppers from Botswana and Zimbabwe.
Achievements and awards:
- SACSC The Spectrum Awards – Retail Design and Development Award 2011 – Winner Overall
- SACSC Retail Design and Development Award 2011 – Winner Category A (Shopping Centres over 25 000m2)
- SAPOA Innovation and Excellence in Property Development – Retail Development 2012
- PMR Africa Diamond Arrow Award – Shopping Centre of the Year (Limpopo) 2012 and 2013 and winner of Impressive New
- Development (Limpopo) 2012
- Polokwane Chamber of Business – Local Business of the Year 2013
- Kimberly Clark Golden Service Awards 2013 – Cleanest Shopping Centre in South Africa (medium size retail category).
P.O. Box 350, Rivonia,
2128, South Africa
Morningside Shopping Centre,
Corner Rivonia & Outspan Roads,
010 590 4867